Director at Large
Christi joined Exterro in July 2021 as Director of Legal Operations. She takes the lead in managing legal eDiscovery operations, creating process and procedures to meet established objectives for growth and profitability in the legal sector. Formerly the Director of Infrastructure at Sift Discovery, managing enterprise infrastructure needs, design and application of information systems that help the enterprise infrastructure of the organization.
From 2015-2018, Ms. McGowan was the owner of eDiscovery Litigation Specialists, Inc. From 2003-2015, Ms. McGowan was employed with Bienert, Miller & Katzman, PLC as a paralegal experienced in both criminal and civil practice. As a Trial Assistant for several high-profile trials. As Litigation Support Manager, Ms. McGowan was responsible for the analysis, planning and execution of cost effective and proficient case management for litigation matters. Ms. McGowan utilized her extensive knowledge of law related technology to assist legal staff throughout every aspect of case investigation and litigation. She was responsible for managing automated litigation support systems and databases, including: processing e-discovery, designing, implementing and maintaining litigation databases as well as providing database and document management training to other paralegals, support staff and end users. Ms. McGowan has testified as an expert witness regarding altered metadata.
Ms. McGowan joined the Adjunct Faculty at University California Irvine in 2020 to teach Tech Practicum for Paralegals. Formerly an Adjunct at University California San Diego in 2014 to teach Litigation Support and Computers for the Legal Professional.
In September 2021, Ms. McGowan began serving a second term as an Executive Committee Member for the California Lawyers Association, Law Practice Management Technology Section. From 2015-2019, Ms. McGowan served a four-year term as an Executive Committee Member and served as the Chair from 2018-2019.
- Paralegal Certification – 2005
- Penn State University – 2008-2010
- HIPPA Compliance
- Concordance Certified Software Trainer (CCST)
- Concordance Certified Software Administrator (CCSA)
- Concordance Administration Fundamentals (CAF)
- Concordance Fundamentals (CF)
- LAW PreDiscovery EDD – Certified User
- LAW PreDiscovery EDD – Certified Administrator
- Speaker: CalBar/OCBA 2018 Tech Conference - E-Discovery Competency & Ethical Duties
- Speaker: CalBar Annual Conference, Oct 1, 2016 - What Litigators Must Know about E-discovery
- Speaker: CAPA Conference, San Diego, June 2014
- Speaker: 25th Annual CAPA Conference, Los Angeles, June 22, 2013